Legatum Institute operates a rolling paid internship programme, every 6 months. These are advertised here when they become available so please check this page for opportunities.
We currently have the following Internship positions available:
Research Intern x2 - Job Description [PDF]
The Legatum Institute's research team is looking for two Interns to support an exciting array of programmes in our Transitions Forum and The Culture of Prosperity work. Each role will involve:
• Organisational assistance with publication launches and seminars;
• Research in support of programme development and marketing; managing communications with programme participants;
• Editorial and fact-checking assistance and written content for website;
Applicants must be able to work in the United Kingdom. Start dates are early August for the first internship and early September for the second internship.
• Excellent research, writing and multi-tasking abilities;
• Strong organisational and communication skills with an ability to prioritise;
• Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in international affairs, politics, history, or a related field;
• Team player with a proactive approach;
• An affinity for the mission and themes of the Legatum Institute.
Both placements are full time and will last for a period of 6 months.
All interns will work a 40 hour week (9.00am to 6.00pm with an hour lunch break) and be paid the minimum wage. Please note out of hours working will often be required however you will be given time back to offset those occasions.
Interns are expected to carry out general office duties as required. To Apply
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements and why you are interested in this particular internship to email@example.com.
Please specify which start date you are interested in.
Monday 14 July 2014 (for August start)
Monday 11 August 2014 (for September start)
If short-listed, applicants should expect to come for a short interview at the Institute.
The Legatum Institute abides by the principles outlined in the CIPD Internships Charter.
If you have any questions on the above, please email Emma Jones, HR Manager, Legatum Institute (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Legatum Institute values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.